Memorial Lufkin Emergency Department
CHI St. Luke's Health-Memorial Lufkin is home to East Texas' largest emergency department, which has 32 private patient rooms, a dedicated imaging and laboratory department and a highly qualified staff of emergency physicians, nurse practitioners and registered trauma nurses.
TECHNOLOGY AT ITS FINEST
In addition to small patient/staff ratios, CHI St. Luke's Health-Memorial emergency rooms are equipped with the latest imaging and medical information systems available, and your only moments away from advanced surgical suites and cardiac catheterization labs, if needed.
- CT (Computed Tomography) Scanner located within the Emergency Department
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Electronic PACs System allows physicians to view diagnostic test results of a patient securely from anywhere around the world
- Cardiac Echocardiograms
- Catheterization Labs
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
- PHI Air Medical Services (landing pad is located on top of the Emergency Department building and is available for stat transfers)
With board certified neurologists and neurosurgeons on staff, CHI St. Luke's Health-Memorial is the area's first Joint Commission Certified Primary Care Stroke Center. The Stroke Center is dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, rehabilitation, and recovery of stroke patients. The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association have recognized CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial with the organization’s highly coveted Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for outstanding stroke care. Additionally, in 2017, Memorial was named one of America's Best Stroke Center by WomenCertified and was ranked in the Top 10% of the nation for Stroke Care by CareChex, a division of Comparion®, an independent quality ratings group.
With designated cardiovascular surgical suites and catheterization labs, CHI St. Luke's Health-Memorial is the area leader in heart health.
CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial holds the highest level of chest pain certification in Lufkin. The American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC), who completed a merger in 2017 to improve and streamline quality improvement services, in collaboration with the American Heart Association awarded the hospital with the Chest Pain Center Accreditation with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, or PCI. The achievement recognizes CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial as an outstanding facility when dealing with patients who present with heart attack symptoms.
Patients who arrive at the emergency department with symptoms of a heart attack benefit from a higher level of expertise, including:
- An emphasis on standardized diagnostic and treatment guidelines
- More efficient and effective evaluation
- Rapid treatment of patients with chest pain and other heart attack symptoms
- Promotion of a healthier lifestyle
- Reduction in the risk factors for heart attack
In 2016, CHI St. Luke’s Health was named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the High Performing Hospitals for Heart Failure Care. And in 2017, CHI St. Luke's Health-Memorial ranked in the Top 10% of the nation for Cardiac Care and Heart Failure by CareChex, a division of Comparion®, an independent quality ratings group.
RECOGNIZED FOR EXCELLENCE
- Level 4 Trauma Center Designation by Texas Department of State Health Services
- Voted Best Lufkin Emergency Department by The Lufkin News for 7 consecutive years
CRITICAL ACCESS TO ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
We offer the additional support of our hospitals in The Woodlands and Texas Medical Center, if needed. Make the critical decision to choose CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial Lufkin.